Brazil Trip

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Brazil Countdown

Well I leave for Brazil in a week! I am so excited! I leave on the 16th arrive on the 17th. I will be staying at the volunteer house for the entire two weeks. I figured where better to spend Carnaval, than in Rio. (and Mom, you can stop worrying, I will be completely safe!!).

I will be going with our In Country Coordinator (ICC) and the volunteers to see the bands and to the parade; we will go with the locals on the cheap seats (from low-income communities where the samba schools are from – they know the lyrics and sing the songs together and cheer a lot when “their” favorite samba school parades).

I will also have a once in a lifetime opportunity to parade in one of the samba schools of the first group (the best one, according to the local, our ICC). A friend of the ICC who runs a social project and is connected to it and offered us costumes. I have attached some drawings of the costumes, however, I certainly will not look as sexy as the drawing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home